ADTR1958 was today's free Scorched Key winner. He was the first to send us the code which was "From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire" which was hidden in the text of the 2nd to last blog post on the front page. The full text of the hint read "getting a scorched item that opens boxes requires one to send something to us and it is [From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire]". Congratulations to ADTR1958 for winning today's Scorched Key and good luck to everyone else for tomorrow's two (that's right, we're doing two different codes tomorrow on Saturday) free Scorched Keys. If you're new to the contest read more here and here.
In case you were wondering the text comes from Robert Frost's poem "Fire and Ice" which you can read in full here.
Friday, June 29, 2012
Team Fortress 2
- Added sd_doomsday to the mapcycle files
- Fixed exploit that allowed Beggar's Bazooka to indefinitely hold rockets in the chamber without misfiring
- Fixed hatless hats not not-drawing correctly
- Fixed bugs with The Hitman's Heatmaker
- Headshot kills now properly decapitate
- Bodyshot damage penalty is properly applied
- Fixed sound issues while in focus
- Fixed missing DX8 particle effects
- Fixed seeing through Sniper fences in 2Fort when using Pyrovision
- Fixed the second style for the Robot Chicken hat
- Teddy Roosebelt can now get assist credits
- Updated sd_doomsday:
- Players can now fall into the launch pad after the rocket lifts off
- Optimized some prop_dynamics to reduce server hitching
- Engineers can no longer build teleporters behind the spawn
- Players will no longer get pushed through the terrain if the elevator falls on them
- Death pits now kill dead ringer Spies
- Lowered the frequency of announcer lines
- Decapitated Pyros wearing a custom head will now show the stump as the custom head, not Pyro's default head.